Saturday 15 February 2014

Ginger's "KIT"

Very quickly I have learned that you need to be ready for a shoot at a moment's notice. Particularly if you, your photographer and his creative director (a.k.a fiancée) are all working full time and all have kids. The moment your diary looks like it is about to match with theirs', is the moment you realise your nail polish is chipped!

So here for your delight is Ginger's Kit...

Please excuse make-up-less pictures and hair scraped back...It is the eve of a very special day for my friends and their beautiful baby boy.

First off you need a big handbag. I bought my pop art themed handbag from www.myvintage.co.uk I can't find it on the site but if you need a big bag they got 'em in most styles. I particularly like the satchel style because you can wear them across body if you are travelling. Much more comfortable.

Then you need a diary and a pen and you need to use your diary religiously! So you need to lug it about in your handbag wherever you may go.

So in my bag and next to my diary I keep my...

O.K hold on Guys and Dolls I actually can't see my eyebrows in these pictures. One needs a face. But that's O.K because, not only can I practice my make up for tomorrow I can show you my before and afters.

BEFORE
Have brush, will groom.
AFTER
I won't lie, these victory roll styles are killing me. no fun at the moment because, none of the tutorials have amazingly thick hair in mind. Still not bad for my first frustration free attempt and if I were to pin curl the rest of the hair it would be super cute with a little flower behind my ear.

Anyway, I digress...

In my kit I have a brush like the one pictured above. £1 from Primark, you really can't go wrong!

A card of grips to match my hair colour, just over £1.00 from most supermarkets but you can get great big boxes of grips on www.amazon.co.uk  for very few pennies indeed.

Hairspray. Full size can, handbag size might be more comfortable to carry around but won't last long at all. I like Tresemme, Salon Finish, Extra Hold for day to day and Silverkrin for a shoot. Prices vary on these but I don't think you need to spend more than say, £2.00 on a can of hairspray.

Next up you need the basics to touch up your make up with. For example, the make up you see here is as follows....


PRIMER


 
FOUNDATION
 
CONCEALER =1 x bright to combat dark circles, 1 x light to cover blemishes and contour the outside edge of your lip line.


BLUSHER

LIPSTICK AND CORRESPONDING LIPGLOSS
 
A SELECTION OF YOUR MOST USEFUL MAKE UP BRUSHES!!!
AN EYESHADOW PALETTE WITH A GOOD MIX OF LIGHT, DARK AND SPARKLEY SHADES!

THE SHADE OF NAIL POLISH YOU ARE WEARING NEEDS TO BE IN YOU BAG ALONG WITH EMERY BOARDS AND HAND LOTION.

Other things I have handy are; deodorant that doesn't mark your pretty outfits, an eyelash curler, false lashes, false lash effect mascara (for when I have forgotten my lashes), phone charger, and a good notebook and set of pens.

I hope this has given you an insight into the world I have let myself in for this year. I of course love all of this fiddly stuff for I am a faffer of the highest order.

As always,
Much Love

GINGER xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment