Wednesday 8 January 2014

Ginger's Healthy Tips:

Ironically as I write today's blog about staying healthy, I feel rather poorly indeed.
Due in no small part to the terrible nightmare I had in which I could not breathe. I woke from this dream unable to breathe and woke up again doing the same.

The lesson here is not to fall asleep watching Poltergeist.
Seminal film though it is, it will give you bad dreams.

So, enough about that!

How did pin-ups of the 1920's to the 1950's stay healthy and fit?

I hate to say it but, their toned arms were largely down to the incredibly heavy hoovers of the time, their beautiful legs were down to running up and down the stairs with piles of washing and cleaning and their general fitness due to the dance halls that were around at the time.

They didn't drink as much and because of rationing it was often times hard to eat too much. What am I saying then?  If I want to be as fit as a pin-up of the 1950s, I need to become a housewife? No, not at all! But if I do want to be this fit, I need to move more and eat proper meals again. Simple.

To start with I will appreciate what it is to go for a nice walk. A long walk with friends and family. An enjoyable form of exercise? Well, there are other forms of exercise which are better ;). I am too much of a lady to discuss that here. Hehehehe

Much Love,

Ginger xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment