Tuesday 7 January 2014

Rest Your Pins!

Hello Again!



I am rather enjoying this blogger lark! I get to tell you all about my exciting life and if it gets a bit boring, I just have the motivation to do something more exciting!


Tuesday's fixtures I have entitled, Rest Your Pins. This is because, I don't want to teach you anything. I just want to share with you an adventure. What was today's adventure? Meeting with my photographer. Well! What a funny and awesome business meeting this turned out to be! Ideas were overflowing and what is great is, that some of these ideas were very similar. A sign perhaps that this is the right photographer for me!





During this meeting, I was asked a very simple question. What is your motivation for wanting to do pin-up. The simple answer is, I love it. But it has forced me to ask myself why I love it.
Through the conversation we each pinned down the start of a mutual love of the genre to one film...Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Jessica Rabbit and for that matter the black and white Betty Boop were my first "girl crushes". The epitome of feminine wiles and humour. "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way".

From the films to the pictures of Gil Elvgren which, I only started "seeing" properly in my late 20's. For this we can thank the Book of Face! The art on the noses of bombers, pin-up playing cards, Burlesque. All Tease and No Sleaze! Cheeky women who are "accidentally" showing the tops of their stockings whilst they water their front gardens. Innocent but devilishly naughty and decadent. These were expressions of women who were tired of being covered up in their woollen house coats.


So, what is my motivation? After having pinned down why I love the subject so much I realised that pin-up isn't just pictures. It's a lifestyle. Moreover it is a lifestyle I want to lead. This is me world! Nice ain't it? Well, Tata! Control over your own life, your decisions and how the world perceives you. You don't have to model, ( that bit is just for fun really) but how you see yourself, flaws and all is an important part of your individual success as a human being. Mistakes? Yeah, we make them but move on, don't let anyone (including yourself) bring you down. Best foot forward at all times! Style and grace in the face of adversity.


I promised on my Facebook Page that I would reveal to you the name of my photographer but, just wait until the first shoot. We are working on this. All good things come to those who wait...

For now, Much Love...;)

Ginger Wilde x



No comments:

Post a Comment