Thursday 16 January 2014

The Food Seduction or, Why you don't eat spaghetti on a first date!

When I have previously written up the Food Seduction, it has been recipes for meals! However, since last Friday I have been bombarded with Valentines Day Marketing! Blllleeeeeuuuurrrggghhhh!

Let's be clear I am not anti love or romance. But nothing about Valentine's Day is romantic. A day set by card companies to make money. Cynical? Not at all. I love romance and I love to be seduced or to seduce but I avoid Valentine's Day like a Demon or Vampire would avoid Halloween (Geek Alert! Cool Buffy segue).

Let's also be clear on what I mean by the food seduction posts. If you want to add a partner in your kitchen shenanigans that is fine, be aware that this will probably result in murder if both of you are fairly decent in different areas of cooking.

I don't cook, much like I don't wear make up just to seduce another person. I do these things because it makes ME feel good. On the days this doesn't make me feel good, guess what? I DON'T DO IT!!!

Oh and by the way

YOU WILL NEVER RE CREATE THE CUTE MOMENT IN LADY AND THE TRAMP WITH THE SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS.....NEVER!

These are the reasons why:

1. What are you doing eating spaghetti off of my plate? GET YOUR OWN!

2. Spaghetti on a first date will only end up with a "Joker" smile from the sauce and bits of Oregano in your teeth.

3. You will not look sexy slurping that long bit that fell off your fork. You will look like a duck!

Sorry for the rant but Valentine's Day...Not cool!

All my love,

Ginger xxxx

P.S Look out for this evening's blog! With Anti Valentine's day recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment