Thursday 9 January 2014

Teetotally Wilde

As promised, this evening's blog (part deux) is a rather refreshing, alcohol free cocktail of recipes (see what I did?).

Some of you will know already that, I don't drink alcohol. This is not through a lack of desire for the odd drink but actually because I am mildly allergic to alcohol. Or, something alcohol contains anyway.

When I go to the pub with my friends, I drink Coke. I don't like lemonade and if I order tonic water and lime, people stare at me like a recovering alcoholic or ask me when I am due.

What is a girl to do if she wants to be grown up? Stand your ground, stare the bar staff in the eye and ask for something immensely weird and wait for them to work out what it should cost at the bar.

Cocktail 1: No name

Pint glass filled to the top with ice. Lime cordial (enough to make it quite strong). Fill nearly to the top with lemonade and then finish with a dash of coke. Do not mix! It looks pretty, wait until it has been served. This tastes not unlike how I remember long island ice teas to taste. If a bit sweeter, perhaps.

Cocktail 2: No Name

Champagne glass, filled with crushed ice. Pour the liquor from a jar of maraschino cherries over the ice slowly then, top up with elderflower presse.

Cocktail 3: No Name

White wine glass, no ice. Filled 2 parts peach flavoured iced tea to 1 part elderflower presse.

All of these are rather yummy alternatives to alcohol and really, you can be as creative as you want. A nice cocktail is one where you can taste the separate ingredients whilst enjoying them as a whole flavour.

Please help me name my cocktails, they can't be nameless slobs forever!

A bientot

Ginger xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment